The state Motor Vehicle Commission lost another agency Wednesday that had to close due to an employee testing positive for the coronavirus.
But the scales could even out for drivers on Thursday when another agency is scheduled to reopen.
The MVC closed the Oakland licensing center Wednesday afternoon after an employee tested positive for COVID-19. After sanitizing, contact tracing and any needed employee quarantining, it is scheduled to reopen on March 23.
Drivers who had appointments in Oakland will have to reschedule them on the MVC website. Two agencies closed Monday.
The Cherry Hill vehicle center is scheduled to reopen Thursday.
That makes a total of 12 agencies closed of 39 in the state and 9 of them are licensing centers.
Agencies that have closed are scheduled to reopen on these dates:
- Cherry Hill Vehicle Center – Thursday, Mar 11.
- Rahway Licensing Center – Friday, Mar 12.
- West Deptford Regional/Licensing Center – Friday, Mar 12.
- Newark Regional/ Licensing Center – Saturday, Mar 13.
- Vineland Licensing Center – Monday, Mar 15.
- Salem Licensing Center is closed- Monday, Mar 15.
- Lodi Licensing Center is closed- Monday, Mar 15.
- Flemington Licensing Center – Monday, Mar 15.
- Springfield Vehicle Center- Saturday, Mar 20.
- North Bergen Licensing Center- Monday, Mar 22.
- East Orange Vehicle Center- Tuesday, Mar 23.
- Oakland Licensing Center – Tuesday, Mar 23.
MVC officials remind drivers to double check the the “cheat sheet” guide on the MVC website to determine if they can do their business online and avoid going to the agency. Drivers should also seek an appointment immediately if they have to go to an agency and not wait until the expiration date of the document gets close, officials said.
Appointments at motor vehicle centers for new titles/registrations and registration renewals for customers ineligible for online renewal can be scheduled at NJMVC.gov. More appointment times are being added.
Drivers are advised to check the status of the agency they intend to visit on NJMVC.gov before traveling there.
Thank you for relying on us to provide the journalism you can trust. Please consider supporting NJ.com with a subscription.
Larry Higgs may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.